Saturday, June 18, 2011

A Hedgehog Craft and A Krispie Cookie Recipe


Lately I've been obsessing over hedgehogs, they are just so adorable!
I've been reading up on them and I have found out so many neat facts and
I really think they would be a perfect pet.

1. They can be litter box trained.
2. They have no body odor.
3. Each has a distinct personality and will bond to its owner for life.
4. They are intelligent, fun to play with and easy to entertain.
5. They are low maintenance pets.

The only problem for me is that they are unfortunately illegal here in
California ): My boyfriend is currently touring the States with his band
and I asked him to please rescue an abandoned baby hedgehog for me
but since I highly doubt that is going to happen I made this cute hedgehog
out of a pine cone to keep me company and look cute on my bookshelf.
I had seen this tutorial about a week ago but didn't have any pinecones
but luckily my friend found one at the park where we were hanging out
it wasn't perfect but I really wanted to try this out.
If  you would like to make a pine cone hedgehog like mine,
I used this very easy tutorial that I found on a crafty blog filled with ideas
for parents and kids named Kiddley.




Now let's get to baking!



Crunch chocolate bar chunks and Rice krispy cereal
all mixed in one delicious cookie!
This recipe comes from Mrs. Fields cookie book,
this book is a treasure. It is seriously filled
with tons of fun delicious cookie recipes, So far
I have only made 3 or 4 recipes out of this book
but there is so many that I really want to try out
like the lemon poppy seed cookies, carrot fruit jumbles,
banana nut cookies, pineapple paradise cookies!!!
and so many others. The book was published in 1992
and was also a gift from my dad, his friend does a lot
of bidding on random stuff and my dad always gets
the kitchen books for me, i love it because they
are all so vintage!

Krispies
Recipe from: Mrs. Fields cookie book.

- 2 c. a.p flour
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1/2 c. dark brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 c. white sugar
- 3/4 c. salted butter, softened (if you only have unsalted, that's fine)
- 1 large egg
- 2 t. vanilla extract
- 1 c. crispy rice cereal
- 1 1/2 c. crispy rice chocolate bar, coarsely chopped

*yield: around 3 dozen

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.

In a medium bowl combine first 3 ingredients.
Mix well with whisk and set aside.

In large bowl blend sugars with an electric mixer
at medium speed. Add butter, mix to form a
grainy paste. Scrape down sides of bowl then add
egg and vanilla. Beat at medium speed until
light and fluffy.

Add flour mixture, rice cereal and chocolate chunks.
Blend at low speed until just combined. DO NOT over-mix (:

Drop by rounded T. onto ungreased cookie sheets,
2 inches apart. Bake for 22-24 minutes.
Immediately transfer cookies with spatula to a
flat, cool surface.



No comments:

Post a Comment