- 1 lb. margarine, room temp
- 3 c. granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 T. vanilla
- 1 t. orange emulsion* or 1 T. orange zest
- 7 c. flour
- 2 t. baking powder
-1 t. salt
1. Cream Margarine and sugar. Add eggs and flavorings and mix well.
2. Stir in flour mixed with baking powder and salt. CHILL at least
2 hours I recommend overnight.
3. Bake cookies at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes but you all know
the time really depends on your oven. In my oven it takes about 13 minutes.
Also this dough will keep well in a covered container in the refrigerator
for a couple of weeks!
* I used this orange bakery emulsion from Lorann Professional Kitchen.
An emulsion is a flavoring supply that is preferred over extracts because
emulsions have a more potent, robust flavor, that won't bake out when
exposed to heat and they are also alcohol free. If you don't have an
orange emulsion use the orange zest which i love because of the slight
orange flakes that you can see in the cookies but instead of buying
flavorings now i suggest you look for emulsions. Enjoy!