Hi. It's been a VERY long time since I have shared a recipe with you guys, let alone a cookie recipe. I originally started this blog to share my favorite baking recipes and it slowly but surely turned more into a journal for myself, where I share pictures and ramblings.
I would like to share more recipes here, but I hardly have the space/ time/ patience to photograph my food, maybe in the near future I will start doing more of that. Anyway. These cookies are definitely worth sharing. Who doesn't love a good soft chocolate chip cookie right out of the oven? My foodie/ cook/ culinary savvy sister proclaimed them "the best cookie I have had".
adapted recipe from Pinch of Yum
makes 12 perfect cookies
Best Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 8 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chip + extra for adding on top
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare your baking sheet.
2. Microwave the butter for about 30 seconds. Beat butter and sugars until creamy.
3. Add vanilla and egg. Now listen carefully, ONLY beat the egg for 10-15 seconds or you will have stiff cookies.
4. Add flour, baking soda and salt, stir until it forms a ball that is easy to manage with hands. If too sticky, slowly add a bit more flour until manageable.
5. Stir in chocolate chips and roll dough into 12 balls, place on baking sheet then proceed to stick 3-4 v chocolate chips on top of each cookie (this is for looks).
6. Bake for 11 minutes and not one more! They will look pale and fluffy and they will finish cooking after they are out of the oven. Do NOT over bake. I have a tendency to over bake but try really hard and just take them out of the oven after 11 minutes. Eat one, or two and then let them rest for at least 30 minutes on sheet. Enjoy with a cold glass of milk.