I love a good breakfast that you can just put in the oven and while it is baking you can get
most of your morning chores done... this broccoli quiche is just that. plus it's amazing.
And that's all you need to know really.
Broccoli Quiche with Poppy Seed Crust
recipe adapted from this spinach quiche
- 1 ready made, frozen pie crust
- 2 T. poppy seeds
- 3 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 c. milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 c. broccoli, chopped in small pieces
- 1/2 - 3/4 c. frozen hash browns
- 3/4 cup grated cheese, your choice of cheese
- 4 to 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Sprinkle poppy seeds on top of ready made frozen pie crust and knead into a ball.
On a floured surface roll out dough into a round about an inch bigger than your tart pan,
press crust into pan and set aside.
Beat cream cheese in medium bowl until smooth. Gradually beat in milk and eggs.
Mix in remaining ingredients. Pour mixture into prepared crust. Bake until crust is
golden brown and filling is set, about 25-30 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before serving.