Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Honey Caramel Corn





I wanted some caramel corn but ran out of corn syrup,
so I looked for a recipe that didn't involve corn syrup
and found this: Honey Caramel Corn.

It was delicious I only got to try it,
my dad ended up eating all of it!

I'm posting the recipe for you guys.
If you love popcorn like i do and want to try something new;
try this.

Honey Caramel Corn

-1/2 cup honey
-1/2 cup butter or margarine
-1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- salt
-1 tsp. grated orange peel
-1/2 tsp. baking soda
-3 quarts (12 cups) popped popcorn

1. Place popcorn in large baking sheet ( I use wax paper, makes for easy cleaning)
and remove all unpopped kernels.
2. Melt butter in saucepan; stir in sugar, honey & salt.
Cook & stir until mixture comes to a boil.
3. Reduce heat to medium; boil without stirring for about 3 min.
4. Remove from heat & stir in orange peel and baking soda.
5. Slowly pour syrup over popcorn while stirring.
6. Bake at 250 degrees for 45 min., stir every 15 minutes.
7. Cool. Break into serving-sized pieces and store in airtight container.

*Six serving of two cups each.

No comments:

Post a Comment