Thursday, June 30, 2011

Mandarin Cookies!


If I could describe this recipe in one word,
that word would be amazing!
This recipe is also from the Mrs. Fields
cookie book and as soon as I read it I knew
I had to make it for I love mandarin oranges
and had never seen it before in a cookie recipe.
I decided to make them again but before looked
around online to see what other mandarin orange
cookie recipes were out there and just as I thought
there weren't any other cookie recipes that called
for mandarin oranges but! I did find a variation of
the recipe which just involved one cup of
white chocolate chips and decided to give that a go.
Either way, chocolate chips no chocolate chips
these cookies are worth making.
Also these are very soft cookies, for those of you
who are fans of crispy cookies, I'm sorry.

Mandarin and Marmalade Cookies

- 2 3/4 c. a.p flour
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 c. salted butter, softened (unsalted is fine, just add 1/4 t. salt)
- 3/4 white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 c. orange marmalade
- one 10 oz. can mandarin oranges, drained and chopped.
- 1 c. white chocolate chips (optional)

* yield: around 3 1/2 dozen

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.

In a medium bowl combine first 2 ingredients.
Mix well with whisk and set aside.

In a large bowl blend butter and sugar with an
electric mixer to form grainy paste. Add egg
and orange marmalade, beat on medium speed
until smooth. Add the flour mixture and the
mandarin, blend on low speed until just combined.
DO NOT overmix (:

Drop by rounded T. onto ungreased baking sheets,
2 inches apart. Bake 24-25 minutes or until the
bottoms of cookies begin to brown. Transfer with
spatula to flat, cool surface.
* yield: around 3 1/2 dozen

No comments:

Post a Comment