Saturday, June 11, 2011

orange sugar cookie recipe, as promised.


I'm back and this time determined to keep my blog updated.
I do so much baking and cooking and have so many great
recipes and tips to share that it really is a shame that I don't
take an hour of my day to work on this blog that I really
want to get out there.

I don't have any readers so it's not motivating at all to not
have an audience to write to but of course it is my fault
because I abandon my blog for far too long. So if you
happen to run into my little blog and maybe like the concept
or feel of it do feel free to follow me or bookmark me
for I assure you, I will not let you down.
I will be posting a lot of good cookie recipes for it is what
I've been baking more lately. Including: crunch chocolate
cookies, peanut butter butterfinger cookies, white chocolate
oatmeal pecan cookies and so on. I also have the best
from scratch brown butter brownies but apart from sharing
great recipes with you I will be sharing some information
about myself so you get to know me better!
now let's get to the good stuff.


These cookies and I, it was love at first sight.
I found this recipe for these orange sugar cookies
in a Better Homes and Gardens cookie book
from 1992, it was a gift from my dad.
As soon as I saw these cookies I just knew I
had to make them for I am a fan of everything
cute but apart from how cute they are this recipe
did not fail me for these cookies are absolutely
delicious and where approved by my mother,
she's tough to impress! So try them out,
you will not regret it ;)


Slice of Orange Cookies
Recipe from: Better Homes and Gardens cookie book

- 2 1/3  c. ap flour
- 1 c. sugar
- 3/4 c. margarine or as i prefer butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 t. finely shredded orange peel
- 2 T. orange juice
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds

Decorator's Icing

- 1 c. sifted powdered sugar
- 1/2 t. vanilla
- 1 T. milk ( add more if needed )
- orange food coloring

1. In a large bowl combine first eight ingredients.
( all cookies ingredients except for the almonds)
Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed
for about 2-3 minutes, scraping sides of bowl.
make sure everything is well combined.

2. Shape dough into two 7-inch rolls. Roll in
finely chopped almonds. Flatten one side of each roll.
Wrap each in plastic wrap. Chill for 4 to 48 hours.


3. Cut dough into 1/4-inch thick slices. Place 1 inch
apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake in a 375
degree oven for 10-12 minutes or until edges are
lightly browned. Remove cookies and cool on wire
racks, if you own them.

4. For decorator's icing combine the powdered sugar
vanilla and milk to make icing of piping consistency.
Add a drop or two of orange food coloring to obtain
desired shade of orange, mix or whisk well.
Pipe icing in loops on each cookie to represent orange
sections. Makes about 60.

No comments:

Post a Comment