Today I have for you this lovely, sweet & best of all easy to bake up cake!It's flavors are so simple and clean; honey, almonds and a hint of lemon.
Just imagine the aroma of that, it's glorious!
Perfect for tea time, family gatherings and pot lucks.
It really is a piece of cake to make this cake. You don't even need an electric mixer
or better yet, you won't even need a whisk! And you're only 7 ingredients away
from this deliciousness. Best of all you probably have these ingredients waiting
for you in your pantry already! So what are you waiting for? Get your oven mitts on!
honey & almond cake
- scant 3/4 c. unsalted butter + extra for pan
- 1/2 c. light brown sugar
- 1/2 c. honey
- 1 T. lemon juice
- 2 eggs, beaten
- scant 1 1/2 c. self- rising flour
- 3 T. sliced almonds
* warm honey to glaze
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease and line an 8-inch or 9-inch cake pan. Set aside.
2. Place the butter, sugar, honey and lemon juice in a sauce pan
and stir over a medium heat, without boiling, until melted and smooth.
3. Remove pan from heat and quickly beat in the eggs with a wooden spoon.
Sift in the flour and stir lightly. Pour into prepared pan and scatter the almonds over the top.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, until risen, firm and
golden brown. Cool in pan for 15 minutes, then turn out onto your
plate, platter or cake stand to cool completely.
Brush with about 2-4 T. warmed honey.
I warmed the honey in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
Cut into slices and Enjoy with tea <3