Hands down the best muffins I've had, though they remind me a bit of
bread pudding. Moist, sweet and full of texture.
I love that it has so much going on with the apples, beets, raisins, coconut...
but all ingredients complement each other so well.
These are best the day of, if you do have any left overs, refrigerate.
Apple Beet Muffins
adapted from (never home)maker
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c. veggie oil
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. roasted beets, grated
- 1 c. apples, peeled and chopped
- fist full of golden raisins
- 1/2 c. self rising flour
-1/3 c. oats
- 1/4 coconut flakes
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 t. cinnamon
- 1/4 t. nutmeg
- dash of ginger
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Preprare muffin tin with paper liners or spray with oil.
2. In large bowl combine egg, oil, sugar, beets, apples and raisins.
3. In another bowl whisk together flour, oats, coconut, salt and spices.
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir with a rubber spatula
JUST until combined.
4. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full and bake for about 20 minutes.