or Sriraquiles? ... Anywho, does this picture look like it was taken with an Ipod?
I hope not... I was so hungry I forgot to take a picture of the final dish.
I've been obsessing over chilaquiles lately, I want to have them like every morning >.<
I got a little creative and added sriracha... for a change.
This is one of the best breakfast you'll have, with a fried egg on top,
I highly recommend!
inspired by: The Sriracha Cookbook
- feeds 4
What you will need:
- Corn tortillas, about 12
- Oil, for frying
- 2 small cans of tomato sauce
- 1/3-1/2 c. sriracha sauce (depending on how spicy you want them)
- 1/2 of a small onion, any kind will do
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 T. chicken bouillon
Top them with any or all of these ingredients:
- Chopped cilantro
- Sour cream
- Fried Egg
- Queso fresco
1. First you're going to cut all your tortillas into medium bite size squares or triangles.
Meanwhile you do that you should heat up your oil in a large frying pan.
2. Fry your tortillas in about 3 batches, to get them nice and crispy!
Lightly salt them.
I like to drain them in napkins so my breakfast feels a little more light ;)
3. Meanwhile the tortilla chips are frying put the tomato sauce, sriracha sauce,
chicken bouillon, onion ( i like to use a lot) and garlic cloves in the blender.
Blend into a smooth puree.
you used for the tortilla chips, heat over low-med heat until nice and hot.
Add your tortilla chips, let them absorb the delicious sauce and ofcourse
heat up and become nice and soft, about 4 minutes on low heat.
5. Serve, top with the listed topping ingredients and Enjoy <3
Oh, just pondering about my new year resolutions.
Which I still haven't sat and written down...