Wednesday, January 25, 2012

quick & easy hoisin sauce for stir fry


I had two bags of stir-fry veggies in the fridge and was starving! I decided to make a quick
veggie stir-fry over some rice which later turned to noodles because I thought I was out of rice
but turns out I just didn't look hard enough... anyway I needed some sort of sauce to tie
everything together and remembered I had hoising sauce in the fridge that needed to be used and so
I made a hoisin stir fry sauce to coat my veggies and noodles in. The sauce turned out so amazing!
My sisters tought we were eating take out plus I added the nice touch of eating with chopsticks ;)

This sauce is perfect for any kind of stir-fry you would like to make, veggie, chicken, beef, tofu,
whatever floats your boat. Just;

1.  Cook your sauce according to the instructions below and set aside while you heat up your wok or pan.

2. Cut 1/2 an onion into med. thick slices or a few green onions and sautee in 2 T. sesame oil or
any oil you have on hand (I used a blend of olive and grape and it worked perfect) and 2 T. soy sauce,
sautee for a couple of minutes.

3.  This is when you add the meat or tofu if using, after the meat is nicely browned and cooked add your veggies, sautee for a couple of minutes then add your hoisin sauce to meat and veggies and  combine
well, sautee for 2 more minutes. Veggies should be tender but crisp. Serve with rice or noodles.

Tips for a great stir-fry: 1. Have all your veggies and meat ready, sliced, marinated and what not.
2. Make sure your wok or pan is HOT.



Hoisin Stir Fry Sauce

Ingredients:

- 3 T. hoisin sauce
- 1 T. sesame oil (or other)
- 2 T. soy sauce
- 1 T. rice vinegar
- 2 T. sugar
- 3/4 c. veggie broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 T. cornstarch

In small saucepan, whisk all ingredients. Allow to simmer over medium heat
until thick, 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.

Enjoy <3

No comments:

Post a Comment