Thursday, September 25, 2014

Teriyaki Chicken (Weeknight Meals)


I could literally live off of this chicken. Should I say more?

I shared this quick recipe for an easy teriyaki sauce a few years ago. I thought I would share it again because I seriously make it every time I'm craving teriyaki or anytime I need a quick meal on the table. It is delicious, fast and easy. You can also make it in advance a few days, cool it and refrigerate it for later and just reheat when needed.

Teriyaki Sauce

- 3 T. brown sugar
- 1 T. minced garlic
- 1 t. fresh grated ginger (optional)
- 1/4 c soy sauce
- 1 c. of water
- 1 T. cornstarch
- 1/4 c. ice cold water

In a small saucepan stir constantly while adding brown sugar, garlic, ginger (if using), soy sauce and
1 cup of water, bring to a boil. Dissolve cornstarch in ice water and add to sauce. Stir constantly and allow sauce to thicken a bit.

You can cut chicken breast or thighs, grill and add sauce on top or you can also grill whole chicken breast or thighs and brush with the teriyaki sauce when almost done cooking. You may also add veggies to this. I love brushing mushrooms with the sauce.

Serve with rice and salad, or rice and steamed broccoli. There are so many possibilities!


XOXO
Lidia







No comments:

Post a Comment