Thursday, October 8, 2015

Dearest Ballerina,


I was thrift shopping a few weeks ago. As always I started looking through the books to see if I could score something good for Maximiliano. I didn't find anything so I continued walking straight which led me to this isle full of plastic bags with random clustered toys inside. I looked through all of them searching for treasures but most of it was junk. Beads, loose cards, incomplete puzzles as well as table games, tiny plastic figurines, ugly stuffed animals... and then there was this bag with three worn out pairs of leather ballet shoes and a tambourine. I quickly thought oh this is cute and put them down. I found myself going back to these and looking at them and picturing a tiny little ballerina running around the house making noise with her tambourine and twirling in her little tutu. I was also wondering why anyone would give these up, they would look so beautiful framed. If they had been in better condition I would of picked them up in a heart beat and even though they weren't and I didn't, I kinda wished that I had. 
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment