Thursday, March 17, 2016

Asian Marinated Baked Chicken


I'm kind of really bummed that I haven't been able to make this chicken since my oven broke down... So I'm sharing the recipe with you because if you have a working oven you should totally be making this a.s.a.p. Easy, fast, delicious. Did I mention easy? Did I mention fast? Oh! Did I mention one dish!? Anddd on top of that you probably have all ingredients on hand.

Disclaimer: when I say fast, I mean fast preparation but this does have to be prepped the night before and baked in an oven for 40-50 minutes.

Asian Marinated Baked Chicken
recipe from: Chowhound

Ingredients:

- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 pounds chicken drumsticks, thighs, or a combination

Directions:

Place all ingredients but chicken in an oven safe dish and whisk (you could use a big Ziploc bag). Coat chicken in sauce, cover and refrigerate over night. In the morning, when you have a chance, turn the chicken over. Before baking, let rest at room temp. for 30 minutes. Turn all the chicken skin side up, bake for 40-50 minutes at 475 degrees, until chicken is dark. Spoon extra sauce on top, sprinkle with green onions and or sesame seeds. Serve with white rice and steamed veggies of your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment