Monday, April 11, 2016

12/52 | 13/52 | 14/52

12/52


"a photo of my child, once a week, every week in 2015."

Maximiliano: I had a hard time deciding which picture to use for this week. There were too many good ones, being that it was Easter week. I was going to post one of you at our Easter egg hunt. You were looking so dapper in your little hat and vest, carrying your blue rabbit head shaped basket filled with plastic eggs. Then I was going to post one of the day before Easter, when we dressed you up in your white button up and suspenders and took a walk in balboa park, you were sitting down on a big tree branch, looking very serious (nothing like your usual self). Finally, I decided to go with this one. This blurry, shirtless, not so perfect and yet completely perfect picture. This is the night before Easter, your dad was playing a show and we stayed home and painted egg cartons and dyed hard boiled eggs. I told you to pose for a picture for papa, so he could see the eggs we dyed and this is what you did as you said "ta-da!".

13/52


"a photo of my child, once a week, every week in 2015."

Maximiliano: Here you are, being yourself, channeling a seal or something. Another one of those not so perfect but perfect pictures. Just you being your true, curious, wild, untamed self. Yourself that I wouldn't trade for anything else, no matter how many hard times you give me. You had been asking to go see seals, (lucky for us they are only a 15 minute drive away) so we took you and this is what you did. After you got the seal in you out of your system, you splashed around all day, collecting shells and rocks and throwing sand.

14/52


"a photo of my child, once a week, every week in 2015."

Maximiliano: We went to the baked bear, your dad's favorite. You and him shared an ice cream sandwich while I sipped on my coconut latte from better buzz. Your dad picked a funfetti cookie, you picked the m&m one and this blue ice cream with brownies and fudge. After this, we walked on the sand for a long time. You, playing, running and jumping all over the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment