Saturday, April 2, 2016

Easter | Part II


Our Easter day picnic consisted of: eating, cloud watching, egg hunting and eating. I made picnic sandwiches with pesto, salami, prosciutto, mozzarella and provolone, a baked potato salad and deviled eggs, my friend made some amazing pineapple upside down cupcakes for dessert and my sister brought the wine! It was a lovely day spent resting on the grass and watching our kiddos have a blast together. 

Towards the end of the picnic, Maximiliano said "hey guys! I found a bug!", as we walked to him he started yelling in pain and it turned out he picked up a bee and the bee obviously stung him. I felt so bad for my boy but he is such a tough little guy that he cried a bit but a bandage and hugs made him feel all better. That boy loves bugs, These were his thoughts after the bee incident: "now I need to find a rolley polley, those don't hurt me", "I hate that bee", "mama, I hope I don't touch a bee and it sting me", "only rolley polleys are nice". Every night before going to sleep, I ask him what his favorite part of the day was, that night he said "when Leo, Julian and Griff came to my house" when I asked if there was another favorite memory, he said "all of it! but not when that bee sting me!". The funny part was when I told him bees were nice but you were not supposed to pick them up and asked why he did, he replied with: "I thought the bee was sad... but it wasn't it,,, it sting me". That boy is too much!


Easter morning as I was sipping on my coffee and scrolling through instagram, I started to think that I didn't put enough effort into Maximiliano's basket, as I looked at the other pretty baskets on my feed. Instagram will do that to you. But, when Maximiliano saw his basket, he grabbed his playskool hero rocket and groot and said "this is all I want" as he walked away and played with them the rest of the morning, I realized no matter what I would of done or put in that basket his reaction would of probably been the same haha. Kids just don't need that much to be happy, at least not mine haha.

{Julian as white rabbit}
{before the egg hunt began}
{Maxi had no interest in pictures, he just wanted the egg hunt to begin}










{Maxi dyed the bottom three , I dyed the top three}


{after the egg hunt}




No comments:

Post a Comment