Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Maxi is 4


It's been about 3 months since Maximiliano turned FOUR! As I said in my prior post, life has been busy and there have been so many changes that we are getting adjusted to and that is the reason I'm posting about it now!

I worked really hard on this party for my boy because it was the first theme that he actually chose and he was so just so excited for his avengers birthday! I literally made almost everything myself and was happy with the way everything turned out! I even cosplayed as black widow as requested by the birthday boy! For this party I got a lot of help from my sisters and mom and my husband helped too (a little haha jk), I couldn't have done it with out them.

Everyone had a blast and kept on commenting on what a great party it was so I was definitely one proud mommy. It was worth all the late nights (thank you Starbucks double shot) and hard work and I would do it all over in a heart beat! My boy kept on commenting on what an awesome party it was and that just made me the happiest. The photo backdrop was a success, I took all of Maxi's costumes and super hero props so everyone could use. And honestly lots of the decor is now hanging on his little side of our shared room, the garland, the chalkboard banner with his name, the iron man frame and I've been meaning to put up his little garland of spider man pictures. I will post pictures when our room is done.


I started working on the decorations about a month in advance starting with the "building" boxes that would be on the tables, I simply collected boxes and wrapped them in black paper then taped yellow cardboard windows to them, This year, I kept the invites super simple. I bought some blank black and white cards from target's dollar section, found a site with super hero font and printed out our favorite avenger symbols then cut and glued on card. They didn't come out super professional but they were cute and just what I wanted! Wrote the deets inside with a sharpie and included a picture of Maxi as spider man! We took the pictures a couple of month in advance and I absolutely loved the way they came out. We also used the pictures to decorate the dessert table.


For the photo drop I had my husband spray paint big cardboard boxes, I also glued on yellow cardboard for the windows, I made a star garland and cut out the moon from a cardboard box and then painted with yellow acrylic paint, the black background was just a piece of heavy fabric that I bought from Johann's.


A few other diy's were the city tri-fold board on the table, I used a ruler and paint to draw on buildings and color in sky, yellow paint for moon and the stars were from a star puncher (that I used for garland as well), the spider man bowls that held spicy chips, I had these bowls from Maxi's 3rd birthday and just painted the spider man eyes with acrylic paints! they looked great.


And last but not least I made his cake, which I was pretty happy with! I was going to just opt for store bought this year just because I was so busy with so many things but of course I couldn't just NOT bake my baby's birthday cake haha, for the dessert table I also made super hero cookies, rice crispy treats and cake pops that were a pain in the butt.


For the food I wanted to just have fresh salads because I didn't not want to worry about heating up food, we had about 4 different salads and lots of fresh fruit. Not of it was pictured of course because it was kept in coolers and taken out later. I chose to not make goody bags this year because I already had a full on dessert table + a piñata! So I just set out bags for the kids to fill with candy from the piñata.
















Above: me, sisters and mom. Below: me as black widow.




1 comment:

  1. You set up a really enjoyable party for your son’s birthday. The decorations are looking good and the theme of the party was bound to be a hit with the kids. We also celebrated our son’s birthday last week with an amazing party that we had arranged at one of the popular event venues.

    ReplyDelete