Rice Krispies Treats
- 3 T butter
- 1 package ( 10 oz.) rmarshmallowa
or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups rice krispies
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat.
Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
Remove from heat.
2. Add kellog's rice krispies cereal. stir until well coated.
3. Using spatula evenly press mixture into baking sheet
coated with cooking spray. Cool slightly (only about 3-4 min.)
Using cookie cutters coated with cooking spray cut into
shapes and decorate with royal icing, fondant and/ or candy.
*When cutting into shapes with cookie cutters, the rice
krispies treats should be about 2 inches in height, not to thin
or else they won't be as pretty and they will be harder to
*Don't let them cool too much or they will be too hard
to cut with the cookie cutters.
- 16 oz white marshmallows
- 3 T water
- 2 T vegetable shortening
- 2 pounds powdered sugar
1. Melt the 3 first ingredients using microwave 1 minute
every time. Stirring until completely dissolved after every minute.
Add powdered sugar enough to get a manageable dough .
(I sift my sugar over the marshmallow mixture, using a spatula i mix
it in to the marshmallow until i see that i have to use my hands to
get a manageable dough.)
It's very important to wrap in plastic wrap, very well.
* If dough is too soft, add more powdered sugar.
* This recipe is wonderful. I use it to decorate cupcakes
and cakes, it's very simple to make yet a little time consuming
and also you need patience over all it takes me about 15 minutes,
not bad (: