I recently came across a really neat blog called sugar crawler and
that is where I came across this recipe which I immediately
fell in love with because of how visual appealing it is, sorry my
pictures are not as fabulous as hers but I am pretty sure these cupcakes
where just as delicious! I loved how simple this recipe was to prepare.
You should definitely try it now while you can still get fresh strawberries.
recipe adapted from sugar crawler
makes 12 delicious cupcakes
- 1 c ap flour
- 3/4 c sugar (scant)
- 1 1/2 t baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 3 T unsalted butter, room temp
- 1/2 c milk
- 1/2 t vanilla extract
- 12 large strawberries, chopped into small pieces
- 1 c whipping cream
- 12 small strawberries to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees, line a 12 cupcake/ muffin pan with liners.
2. Place the first five ingredients in a large bowl and beat on low speed
until you get a sandy consistency and everything is combined.
3. Pour in milk and vanilla and beat on medium speed until all ing. are
4. Add egg and beat well for a few minutes to ensure all ing. are
5. Divide chopped strawberries between liners and spoon batter on
top until 2/3 full.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden.
When completely cool frost with whipped cream and garnish with
strawberries on top.