Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Home Made Goldfish Crackers


Or not. I couldn't find the fish cookie cutter but I used the mini flower
cutters from my gum paste kit and they worked perfect.
This recipe made tons and tons of crackers so many that I began
to worry what I was going to do with them but to my surprise they
were gone by the next day. This said I think you might want to try and
make them.

Ingredients:

- 1 c all purpose flour
- 4 T cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 8 oz cheddar cheese
- 1/2 t garlic salt
- 1/2 t fresh ground pepper
- fish cookie cutter or any other small cutter

1. Pulse the flour, butter, cheese, salt and pepper using a
food processor until the mixture resembles coarse meal.

2. Pulse in 3-4 T of water, one at a time and only enough so
the dough forms a ball.

3. Wrap in plastic and chill for 20 minutes or up to 24 hours.

4. Line 2 baking pans with parchment paper and set aside.

5. Roll out the dough, thinly so that the crackers are crunchy.

6. Cut out, place them 1 inch apart on baking pans.

7. Bake at 350 degrees until golden and crisp, 15-20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment