I learned this tip from Diamonds for Dessert which she learned
from Cook's Illustrated The New Best Recipe and it certainly does work.
In order to have that perfect un-perfect pastry shop cookie
you have to follow these steps:
- Make your favorite chocolate chip cookie dough.
- Dive the dough how you wish, 1 T works for me.
1. Once you divided your dough, shape each portion into a ball.
2. Pull each ball into two equal pieces.
3. Turn both pieces so that the jagged side faces up.
4. squish them together.
5. place jagged side up on parchment lined sheets.
Bake as you would.
Milk Chocolate Caramel Cookies also from Diamonds for Dessert