This dish is really something. Must try.sesame chicken:
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 c. sesame seeds
- 1/4 c. cornstarch
- 1/2 t. salt
- pepper to taste
- 8 small chicken cutlets
- 3 T. sesame seed oil
1. in a bowl, whisk the egg whites,
sesame seeds, cornstarch, salt & pepper.
drip the chicken in the batter and shake
off the excess.
2. heat the oil in a large skillet over
med-high heat. add chicken and cook
until golden brown and cooked through.
(you can do this in 2 batches).
transfer to a plate.
baby bok choy side dish:
- 2 T. sesame seed oil
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 1 T. grated or minced garlic
(you can use ginger if you’d like)
- 2 t. sugar
- 1 t. cornstarch
- 6/8 heads of baby bok choy, quartered
- 1/2 jalapenos (preferably red i couldn’t find any
so i used green), sliced
1. in a small bowl combine the soy sauce, garlic or ginger,
sugar, 1T. water, and i t. cornstarch.
2. heat the of oil in a large skillet over med-high heat.
add the bok choy and cook, turning until they begin to
soften; 1-2 min. add the soy sauce mixture and the
jalapenos and cook until the liquid has thickened slightly
and the bok choy is tender about 4 minutes.
serve with the chicken.
*i added carrot (that i previously cooked in a little water)
to the bok choy at the same time that i added the jalapenos.