Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Easy Pistachio Cookies!
I made these and took them to class, since the recipe makes like a billion!
Everyone asked for the recipe, they are simply delicious, cute and
so easy to make. I'm glad I came across this recipe. I decorated them
with chocolate and chopped pistachios but honestly they are better just as is.
recipe adapted from The Italian Dish
- 1 c sugar
- 1 c softened butter
- 8 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 c flour
- 1 package instant pistachio pudding
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Beat sugar, butter and cream cheese. Add vanilla and egg.
In separate bowl, combine remaining dry ingredients; whip
into butter. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
3. Shape teaspoonfuls of dough into round balls and arrange
on baking sheet.
4. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly brown on bottom.
Let cool and decorate.