Monday, September 27, 2010
Spicy Smashed Potatoes
These potatoes are something else, let me tell you.
You HAVE to try these, I simply could not get enough of them
and matter of fact I'm making these again, tomorrow.
I can't stand cumin but in this recipe I was loving it.
recipe adapted from kitchen wench
- 1 1/2 lbs. potatoes; scrubbed and cut into smaller pieces
- 1 t paprika
- 1 t cumin
- 1/2 t cayenne pepper
- 1/2 t chili powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t ground black pepper
- olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place potatoes in boiling
water, boil til they are half cooked. Should be able to
pierce with fork but still firm. drain. Return to pot.
2. Drizzle potatoes with olive oil. Mix together the spices
and add 2/3 of the spice mix to pot. Put the lid on the pot
and roughly shake the pot in order to smash potatoes and toss
spiced around. ( if you over cook your potatoes you will end
up with spiced mashed potatoes) Once you are done with that
lay them on a baking sheet, cut surface up. Sprinkle with
3. Bake for about 15-20 minutes, edges start to crisp.
Turn the potatoes over and bake for another 10-15 minutes or
until outside outside had nicely crisped and inside is
soft and easily pierced.
4. Plate potatoes and enjoy with some sweet chili sauce &