Saturday, September 25, 2010
5 Ingredient Petite Apricot Pochettes
adapted from Food Network magazine
petite apricot pochettes recipe:
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temp.
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temp.
- 2 c. all purpose flour, plus more for dusting.
- apricot preserves
- powder sugar, for dusting.
1. Beat the butter and cream cheese in a bowl with a mixer until light
and creamy. Slowly add the flour, mixing until a dough forms
( do not over-mix). Flatten into a disk and wrap in plastic wrap,
refrigerate until firm, at least one hour ( i would do at least two).
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Roll out disk of dough on a floured
surface with a floured rolling pin. Cut out as many rounds as you can
with a 3 inch (or so) round cookie cutter. Top each with a heaping
half teaspoonful of apricot preserves. Brush the edge of the dough with
water, fold the dough over to make a half moon and press to seal.
Place on ungreased baking sheet. Re-roll the dough scraps and repeat.
3. Bake the cookies until golden, 20-22 minutes. Dust generously with
powder sugar! seriously, generously! remember there is no sugar in the
* you can substitute the apricot preserves with any jam or preserves of