I fell in love with this recipe. This marinade worked perfect with tofu and
what a way to cook udon noodles, yummy!
recipe adapted from Wandering Chopsticks
for two servings:
- 2 (7 oz) packets fresh udon noodles
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c mushrooms
- 1/2 c yellow pear tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2-3/4 cup tofu, sliced or diced
- 1 T white wine
- 1 T hoisin sauce
- 1 T flour
- 1 t ground black pepper
- 1/2 t salt
1. Slice tofu. In bowl add 5 last ingredients, mix and set aside.
2. Slice onion and bell peppers into strips, cut tomatoes and set aside.
3. In pan drizzle some oil and add the onion, when onion is
soft and golden, add the noodles. Let udon noodle brown and
add bell peppers and mushrooms. Wait 2 minutes and add tomatoes.
When bell peppers and mushrooms are soft put everything on a plate
and add the tofu and marinade to pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes, let thicken a bit.
4. Add veggies and noodles back to the pan and toss; serve.