Saturday, March 3, 2012

glazed doughnut muffins


March already, how time flies... Summer is right around the corner bringing along my baby.
I'm so excited for all the changes coming up in my life. Everything seems to be falling into place.
Still haven't settled on a name, we actually only have one in mind. I'm opened to suggestions,
any boy names you guys fancy?

On the other hand I have yet another muffin recipe to share with you. One that I am absolutely
in love with! If you thought those earl grey poppy seed muffins were a gem, just look at these!
Doughnut muffin? but wait! it's glazed?? Didn't have to think twice about baking these when
I ran across the recipe on pinterest and I am so glad I did although I ate two in under a minute.

I'm sure you have all ingredients handy, give these a try you won't regret it!

xoxo

Glazed Doughnut Muffins
makes 12

Ingredients:

Batter:

- 1/4 c. butter ( half stick of butter)
- 1/4 c. veggie oil
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/3 c. brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 t. baking powder
- 1/4 t. baking soda
- 3/4 t. grounded nutmeg ( I used freshly ground)
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 3/4 t. salt
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 2 2/3 c. flour
- 1 c. milk

Glaze:

- 3 T. butter, melted
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1/2 t. vanilla extract*
- 2 T. hot water

* Recipe called for 3/4 t. vanilla extract, but i found the taste
of vanilla way to overpowering so I would suggest using 1/4 - 1/2 t.

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Prepare a standard muffin tin, either
by lightly greasing it or using paper muffin cups.

2. In medium bowl cream together butter, oil and sugars until smooth.
   Add eggs, beating well until combined.

3. Stir in baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt and vanilla.

4. Stir flour into butter mixture alternating with the milk, beginning and ending
   with the flour, just until everything is combined.

5. Spoon or scoop into prepared muffin tin, filling cups nearly full.

6. Bake 16 minutes, until muffins are a pale golden brown and
    inserted toothpick comes out clean.

7. In small bowl, prepare glaze by mixing together all ingredients and
whisking until smooth.

8. When muffins are slightly cooled,  dip the muffin crown into the glaze
and allow the glaze to harden. You can double dip if you wish, but I found
1 layer was more than plenty.

Serve warm or at room temp. Enjoy <3

No comments:

Post a Comment