Friday, March 16, 2012

olive garden inspired salad

I'll start off by saying that this isn't a copy cat recipe and I don't promise you that
this salad will taste exactly the same as the one you get at the famous Olive Garden
restaurants. This recipe is just something that I put together with the items in my pantry
and fridge, inspired by the limitless salad at Olive garden. Never the less, it is delicious!,
fast to whip up and you probably have all the ingredients on hand, my kind of recipe.

Olive Garden Inspired Salad
serves 4-6

Ingredients for dressing:

- 1/2 c. mayo
- 1/4 c. white vinegar
- 1 T. veggie oil
- 2 T. honey
- 2 T. parmesan cheese
- 2 T. romano cheese
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/4 t. garlic powder 
- 1 T. lime juice

1. Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl. 

Toss with:

- lettuce, about 4-5 c. chopped lettuce
- baby spinach, 4 c.
- tomatoes, 1-2 sliced tomatoes
- purple onion, about 1/2 small purple onion, thinly sliced 
- pickled pepperoncinis, 4-6
- croutons


I made this quick salad to accompany my home made stuffed crust pizzas.
Here is the recipe to an easy homemade pizza dough, which was a previous post
of mine. To make it stuffed crust, simply roll out pizza dough a bit thinner than
you would, place mozzarella cheese sticks on the edge of pizza and fold crust over.
I recommend that you try the bbq chicken jalapeno combination which is my
all time favorite!


Enjoy 
xoxo
<3


Here is a picture of my bby bump at 6 month 1 week, taken this passed Monday.
Time goes by so fast, it's kind of scary.

I also want to share with all of you that as of yesterday I am now a married woman.

It was fast and unexpected ( we had been planning our wedding day but decided
 on doing it once and for all ) and lovely and tough my family couldn't be there
do to all the unfortunate things that have been going on lately I know they are
happy for me and soon we'll have another ceremony with friends and family
and it will be just how we wanted it. 
What matters is that I couldn't of chosen a more kind, generous, loving man
to spend the rest of my life with and I couldn't be happier.

3 comments:

  1. mmmm I love that salad- thanks for posting! And your baby bump is SO cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for your sweet comment and for stopping by (:
      let me know if you end up trying the recipe!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete