Friday, April 13, 2012

Banana Bread, one bowl required.


I love banana smoothies/ milkshakes in the am. They are a quick energy boost
to get me through the morning chores meanwhile I make myself some quick breakfast.
It seems bananas never last that long around here, that being said I bought a bunch
the other day so we would have plenty... turns out now that we have more then plenty
no one wants to eat them! So I made some banana bread, one of my favorite treats.
I was eager to try this recipe from smitten kitchen that I had bookmarked a while back.

This baby loaf disappeared in a matter of seconds.
It was some of the best banana bread I've had and seriously so ridiculously easy!
Best part is; there were only a few dishes in my sink left to wash unlike the pile
that is usually left over when I bake something!
Least thing I want to be doing now a days is washing dishes, my lower back
is having a hard time carrying all this weight I've put on.

Banana Bread
slightly adapted from smitten kitchen


Ingredients

- 3 ripe bananas, smashed
- 1/3 c. melted salted butter
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1/2 t. nutmeg

- 1 t. baking soda
- pinch of salt

- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1/4-1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips, optional

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

1. Mix butter into mashed bananas with wooden spoon.
2. Mix in the sugar, egg, vanilla & spices.
3. Sprinkle baking soda and salt over everything, stir in.
4. Add flour and again, stir in.
5. If using chocolate chips you can stir in at the end or
sprinkle on top of bread.

Pour into a buttered 4x8 loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes.
Cool and slice to serve.

Walnuts or pecans would be awesome in this instead of choco chips.
Do you have spotted bananas? Make this now!


Enjoy with a glass of milk, cup of coffee or tea.
xoxo


P.S. If you have any special banana bread recipes to share,
I would love to try them out.

4 comments:

  1. I wonder if this would taste good with pumpkin spice instead of cinnamon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it would be wonderful! Let me know if you end up trying it out, sounds like a good idea (:

      Delete
  2. I've been thinking about this recipe, I have to try it with pumpkin spice! I love love love pumpkin bread with cream cheese frosting, so I be with banana, it will be amazing! Next time I make it to the store! I must!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. banana bread + pumpkin spice + cream cheese frosting = why didn't i think of that! sounds delicious, can't wait to read about it (:

      Delete