Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Mandarin-Mango Agua Fresca


Happy late Easter! What did you end up doing this passed Sunday?

I had planned to share a cute Easter recipe with you but I caught the flu
and everything went downhill from there. Imagine being pregnant with
the typical pregnancy symptoms as sore feet, lower back pain, occasional 
headaches and so... top that with a mean cough, stuffy nose, body aches,
chills, fatigue... top that off with major migraines/ teeth pain.
It was one of the hardest times of my life and being pregnant there isn't
a lot of medication that one can take so I had to toughen up and
not sleep for a couple of nights.

I am so thankful to be feeling better today, I seriously forgot how good
it feels to be well and alive. I thought I was going to be sick forever.
Now I'm just dealing with heartburn, really bad heartburn but It is nothing
compared to how I was feeling for the past week, just need to run out
and get some tums as soon as my husband gets home!

I made this agua fresca on a hot day about three weeks ago when I found myself 
with too many mandarin oranges about to go bad and one very ripe mango.
It was the perfect drink to cool down on a hot cali day!
Never thought the combination of mandarins and mangoes would work so
perfectly together but they do! Best part is you can taste both the mandarins and the
mango individually. This recipe is super easy to play around with so don't be shy!

Mandarin-Mango Agua Fresca

Ingredients:

- 15-20 mandarins
- 1 medium ripe mango
- 1 c. sugar
- water

1. Peel mango, cut pulp off the bone and place in small saucepan.
Add sugar and one cup of water to saucepan place over medium-low heat
and stir constantly until sugar is completely dissolved. Once Sugar is
completely dissolved, place in blender and puree together. Strain to get rid
of  any solids. Set aside to cool down.

2. While your mango simple syrup is cooking up, juice your mandarins
with a cute manual orange juicer. Once all mandarins are juiced pour juice
in a pitcher and refrigerate.

3. When simple syrup is at room temperature, pour in the pitcher with
your mandarin juice top with water and stir. How much water you add depends on
how sweet you want your agua fresca. Top off with ice and enjoy on a warm day.

xoxo
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment