Thursday, December 18, 2014

Salt Dough Christmas Ornaments


A few weeks ago Maximiliano and I made some salt dough ornaments together and it was so much fun! He really enjoyed rolling out the dough and pressing his hands and feet in it. I gave him his own piece of salt dough and some cookie cutters and toys he could press into it and it kept him entertained for ever! I loved how the ornaments turned out and they were really fast and simple to make but overall it was a great activity to do with my bb. 

I am aware that there are lots of different salt dough recipes out there but I'll share the one I used anyway. One tip my blogger buddy told me was to keep these in ziploc bags or they will mold! 



Salt Dough Recipe

- 1 cup salt
- 1 cup flour
-1/4 - 1/2 cup water

1. Mix all three ingredients until you get a manageable dough. Not too dry not too sticky.
2. Roll into ball then roll out. Remember to do this on a floured surface so your dough won't stick.
3. Make as many hand/foot prints as you want then simply cut out with a knife. Make a hole so you can thread your string through the ornament.
4. Bake at 215 degrees for 2 hours.

Let dry overnight and paint them using acrylic paints.



XOXO
Lidia





No comments:

Post a Comment