Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Our Favorite Books | 01

If there is one thing we don't ever mind spending on over here, that thing would definitely be books. Every time we go somewhere, I most likely end up picking up a book for Maxi. We like the library but there is nothing like having your own little library at home. As a kid, I was definitely a reader. I remember sitting for hours going through those big short story books. I remember one of the first books I read completely on my own, la gallinita roja. Little golden books has this version with beautiful illustrations and it's on my list. 

Some of my fondest memories are being in elementary school and having story time, how we would all gather around the teacher sitting on the carpet. Lights off and nothing but the sun beaming through the window while I completely transported myself to another place. Pretty darn magical.

There are so many books we love over here but I will share our favorites at the moment.



These are Maximiliano's picks for morning, nap time and bedtime reading which is when we do the most reading because he will actually sit still during these times. Some of these have been in rotation since he was a little tiny new born baby. One of them being the classic where the wild things are which also happens to be his absolute favorite at the time, mostly because he relates to Max which he also calls Maxi by the way. He loves to growl and roar along to this one. Oh the mischief that goes on at this house!

1. The Big Purple Book Of Beginner Books by P.D. Eastman and Peter Eastman | 2. Mr. Brown Can Moo! Can You? by Dr. Seuss | 3. Dr. Seuss's ABC | 4. Pancakes, Pancakes! by Eric Carle | 5. The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle | 6. Go, Dog Go! by P.D. Eastman | 7. Bunnies' ABC by Golden Books | 8. I am Bunny by Ole Risom | 9. Five Little Monkeys Jumping On The Bed by Eileen Christelow | 10. Where The Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak 

These three are some of my top picks because they instantly transport me to my childhood. I've been reading el pez arco iris to Maximiliano since he was in my belly and it was his absolutely favorite as a baby. Siempre te que querre or love you forever is a must for every mother-son duo, it's the sweetest book out there.

11. Siempre Te Querre by Robert Munsch | 12. Corduroy by Don Freeman | 13. El Pez Arco Iris by Marcus Pfister 

These three are Maximiliano's favorite animal books and they are really good for those little animal lovers out there. Maximiliano loves opening these up and pointing to all the animals while he recites their names, they keep him entertained for a while and he literally knows every. single. animal. He even corrects me at time when I say cheetah instead of jaguar or eagle instead of falcon, this kid knows his animals! haha.




Book recommendations are more than welcomed here as we are always looking for new books to add to our collection. 
XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment