Monday, April 13, 2015

LESS | MORE

{ taken a couple of days before my 27th birthday }

I will be turning 28 this weekend. I have some celebrations planned but nothing too crazy. Some things which will be involved: girls shopping + brunch sans husbands and kids. ice cream + toes in the sand + sushi rolls + cake just to mention some of my favorite things.

This picture was a couple of days before I turned 27. It was also after spending a fun afternoon sharing drinks with some of our friends. We were starting my birthday celebration that day and going to one of my favorite sushi places... Unfortunately that same night, I feared the worse... a stomach virus. My fears came to life and I was stuck in bed the whole day after. having one of the WORSE days of my life AND on top of everything my in-laws had gotten my husband and I tickets to see one of our favorite musicians, Julieta Venegas, that same day. I obviously didn't get to go which made everything 10 times worse. Well at least I got better for my actual birthday and was able to host the gathering I had planned.

Yeah, last year was just throwing obstacles at us from left to right. Cheers to this year which has been great!

Now, getting straight to the point. I just discovered another great blog that I am smitten by, lillies and leon. I was browsing her wonderful blog and came upon this post. Quickly I was inspired to make my own list and brainstorm some of the things that I want to do less of and replace them with some of the things I want to do more of. These are the things that I came up with and what better time than starting off fresh with a whole new year ahead of me.

Less taking pictures. | More being present.
Less time cleaning. | More time outside.
Less worrying. | More enjoying.
Less being lazy. | More being productive.
Less making excuses. | More exercising.
Less spending. | More saving.

1 comment:

  1. I really love your simple goals. I've been making goals like that lately. Such as, no working while my daughter's home, more time outside and of course, exercise more !! haha. Good luck with your goals and I hope you have a wonderful birthday !

    Alex x
    www.myfroley.com

    ReplyDelete